Sunday, January 15, 2017

New Year's Resolutions?

Hi there!
The last time I made a new year's resolution was January 2011. My resolution that year was to weigh 70 pounds. My boyfriend at the time supported this decision just as long as I did it in a healthy way. Just goes to show you how much he loved me, right? Just for the record there is no healthy way to weigh 70 pounds at age 17 with a height of 5'5". Needless to say that is probably the only new year's resolution I achieved. Sadly, it's true.

October 2010

May 2011

This blog post isn't meant to focus on my horrible, old mindset, the disgusting torture I put myself through or the thing I turned into. No, I want to briefly state why new year's resolutions, particularly weight oriented ones, why they are so dumb.

You make a promise to yourself on January 1st and on December 31st you beat yourself down for being a failure for not achieving your goal. Resolutions don't better yourself, rather they make you hate yourself for not sticking with a pointless promise. They glamorize societies obsession with a totally unattainable body image and continue to spread a preconceived idea of what people are supposed look like, weigh and their body shape. People want a quick fix and when they don't see the results they want right away they give up. If you must make a resolution, make one to be healthier not skinnier. Make small changes gradually to better yourself, both physically and mentally. And don't get caught up in the world's expectations. Always strive to be the best version of yourself, no one else. 

That's it for now. I hope everyone has a great 2017!
Peace & Love,
The Punk Rock Vegan

































April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment